usb to dh485 1747-uic

peppin23joe

Hi friend.....

I have a little problem with this cable....

This cable has a out dh485 with this i can setup ok.... but the other rs232 i can't see my plc by this port.... What need to do???

I hope yours comments friends....

It is not a true RS232... what PLC/CPU are you trying to communicate to ? you may need another cable

Hi friend....

I have a dell d830 with xp sp3 and plc slc500 5/04...I don't have the dh+ cable...

And this cable its usb thru rs232 or dh485..

With dh485 i do it setup.... But usb thru rs232 i can't make the auto configuration...

Thanks.....

peppin23joe;476357} said:
With dh485 i do it setup.... But usb thru rs232 i can't make the auto configuration...

The DB9 connector on the bottom of this device is not for RS232 connections. It for connecting to DH485 devices that have a DB9-style connector.

If you are trying to use regular RS232 communications, you will need to buy a USB to Serial port adapter. Luckly, they are alot less expensive than your 1747-UIC.

Your 1747-UIC will only work if the serial port on your SLC5/04 is configured for DH485 protocol.

The serial port on your SLC5/04 can be configured for DF1 (it's default configuration),
DH485, ASCII, or Modbus (if it's a newer unit). If you have the offline file for it then check
it's channel configuration. If you can post the .RSS file (zip it first) then someone here will help you look.

If the port is configured for DF1 and your PC does not have a real serial port then you will need a USB to serial adapter. Go back to your other thread and look at the info about the "Keyspan" adapter.