Alternative to the 1747-UIC USB to DH485 interface converter?

Pekan

I'm attempting to go online to a Micrologix 1500 using a p.c. without a serial port.
The 1747-UIC USB to RS232 interface won't let me on.
RS Linx can see the device, the icon shows up as a p.c. but it has the red X over it.
According to the UIC's manual, the UIC's LEDs are flashing normally (showing data transmission)

After a couple of hours of trying to connect, I'm starting to think that it may be a faulty interface.

Does anyone out there have experience with this process and could possibly provide some assistance?

Any insight into using a serial to Ethernet adapter instead? I know of a fairly low cost serial to Ethernet adapter from Tibbo..

Pekan.

Your UIC is a USB to DH485 converter (not RS232 DF1 protocol). The port on your Ml500 will have to be configured for DH485 protocol for it (UIC) to work.
Do you have a USB to serial (RS232) converter? If so see link below. If not the brand "Keyspan" is a good one.
Link for USB to Serial :
http://www.plctrainer.net/

http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?article=65

Is your ML1500 a working system or new out of box. If new then the default protocol is DF1. If not do you have the offline file to check its port configuration?

It's installed and running, I checked the Channel configuration and the driver is set up as DF1.

Mickey, in order to change this, one would have to somehow then download the changed channel config to the processor. So obviously not an option!

I followed the link that you suggested for a USB to serial and I think I see the one you mean. However, on the same page is a cable that is designed to replace the AB 1761-cbl-pm02 if you have to use a USB port on your computer.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm going to order a cable.

Cheers.