SLC5/05 Problem

francevendee

Gone to run a machine that has been powered down for 6 months or so.

Installed a new processor and the original 1747-M13 module that had been stored in a drawer in a 5/05 CPU.

The original CPU had been used on another machine when we did not have a spare on site.

The new processor comes up with a fault led.

If I plug in another 1747-M13 from an identical machine with this new CPU everything is ok.

Can the 1747-M13 lose its memory?

If so how do I get the program from another machine ijn to this module?

Any help would be appreciated.

What is the behavior of the status LEDs with the suspect module? I recently had an issue where the module refused to load and the CPU came up with a solid fault LED and it never went through the normal boot pattern of lights. The root cause in my case was a faulty backplane. This is unlikely your problem, but the pattern and behavior of the LEDs tells a lot.

Does the rack in which it is installed have the correct I/O configuration to match the memory module?

It could be that the memory module loads the program, then the CPU faults because of an I/O mismatch.

The easiest way to figure this out is by using RSLogix500 to go online, and through software examine the fault codes and perform the Load from EEPROM operation and watch what happens to the data tables and logic.