Micrologix reverting to old program on power loss.

pharma1

P
I am able to change the program on our Micrologix 1200 PLC. It accepts the new program and runs it without a problem. We shut the power down on the weekends because no one is here. When the plc powers back up, it runs the old program as if I never changed it. Any ideas?
Thanks

Memory Module installed and:
a) low battery
b) noise or power surge + possible grounding issues
Solution: download one more time, leave the unit in Program mode, go online, and then go to RSLogix500 menu: Comms, EEPROM, Store to EEPROM. If the module is not write protected, your new program will now be stored on it.

Paul

Yes it does have a memory module. And the machine has been there a while. The battery could be bad. I will also try the way OkiePC mentioned.

Thanks,
Dale

The memory module is your problem. PLC is configured to boot from EEPROM. Either save the correct version to the EEPROM or change the configuration so it doesn't boot from EEPROM

Just wanted to thank everyone. The eeprom was the issue. The eeprom did not have a battery or a place to put one. I wound up doing the solution that OkiePC suggested and it worked perfect.

Dale