FT View ME6.10 Installation problems

CheezyMane13

C
I am having an issue install Factorytalk View ME 6.10 on my computer. The error I am getting is that it says I am having to install FT Services Platform 2.4. Is this something new to anyone. Co-workers of mine and myself are baffled as to why it wont let me upgrade from 5.0 to 6.10 without this upgrade. Also if this is a problem and all I need to do is upgrade, does anyone have a link that I can download the install to FT Services Platform 2.4?

I am running a Windows XP SP3 Version 2002, on a
Intel Core 2 CPU
T700 @ 2.00GHz
997 MHZ, 2.00GB of RAM

Thanks

The FactoryTalk Services Platform ought to come with the FTView SE installation. As far as I know there is no separate download, and FTView comes as a "DVD contents in a ZIP file" these days.

I installed FTView Studio ME 6.10 on a fresh PC just yesterday with no difficulty; the installation wizard removed the old FT Services Platform, installed the new one, ran me through a reboot, then installed FTView Studio.

Even minor revisions of FactoryTalk View require you to install the corresponding Services Platform.

I personally very strongly prefer to run FactoryTalk in a separate Virtual Machine to avoid any conflicts between the Services Platform, RSLinx Enterprise, KepServer, etc.

Last edited:
No the FTSP bust be upgraded too. Always has been. As I remember, when installing a new version, the installer asks to uninstall the old one. FTSP should be the first thing you install after all the old versions are uninstalled. BTW, FTSP is on the installation disk.

It sounds like you really need to review the installation guide which is on the DVD image as well. You ALWAYS have to install the new FTAP.

I am in total agreement with Ken. It is best to run FTView SE in virtual machines. I have an image for 4.0,5.0,5.1,6.0,6.1 x86, and 6.1 x64. I can service all of my customers at the revision they want that way.

I always try to get them to update to the current revsion, but sometimes that is just not possible or advisable for many reasons.

RSL

Thanks for all your replys, I found out why I couldn't install the FTSP that I had...Turned out the image I was trying to access on the server was in a zip folder when it shouldn't have so i had to un-zip it and then install the right update of the View ME.

Thanks