Omron CP1L addresses?

donl517

I am using the MAX(182) instruction to find the largest value in a range of DM. As I have the instruction set it is putting the address of the largest number in IR0. I can't figure out how to use the address in IR0 to identify the DM it is referencing.

Ultimate goal, of the 16 DM that are involved I want to be able to identify them on an HMI as 0-15. The DM contains timer values and I want to identify the timer with the largest value on every HMI screen.

Thanks,
Don

OK, I figured it out. I had to define a table DIM(631) Then I was able to use MAX(182) to find the largest value, and GETR(636) to get the record number.

Thanks,
Don

If you use BCMP it will compare IR0 with the range of 16 DM (registers) and output a bit for the one that equals the IR0.
BCMP2 will do the same thing over a range of up to 256 DM.

By the way Don, that is the most convoluted way I have ever seen for doing what you want. You must have spent a few hours getting there - congratulations for figuring out a way.
The PLC is a powerful little beast and basically has the same instruction set as the CJ1, CJ2, CS1 - love em - hate it when there are 3-4 different platforms in a brand and you do not have the functions available you normally use.

It is the first time I have ever used the table instruction. Most of my projects are pretty simple, if I hadn't wanted to provide this feature, this one would have been too! It did take a while, but now that I have used it in a real world application, I may find other uses for it.

Thanks Again,
Don