Siemens sfc 14-15

Plc_User

I have a configuration with a siemens 315-2dp that has a profibusslave : a profibusmodule of an ABB S4 robotcontroller?
type of the card : DSQC 352.
Hardware configuration in S7 is online (when looking online) no busfaults, by using the periferic inputs and outputs I can communicatie with the slave, but when I trie sfc 14-15 (dp read-write) to have consistency, I have an error output at the sfc 14-15 : 80B1 : "The length of the specified destination area is not identical to the user data
length configured with STEP 7."
Although I have configured 8 words in out in hardware and at the sfc14-15 I also have 8 words.
Could it be that sfc14-15 is not always supported by older slaves?

Are you sure the consistency is equal in both directions?

When I get such (for me) unknown gear, I allways use addresses in the process image area (below IO byte 127, cpu dependant). Then you can skip the (S)FCs, the CPU does this job for you, and you can read and write directly with the I/IB/IW/ID and Q/QB/QW/QD.

(hmmm, when I re-read this I suddenly got uncertain if it is correct for consistent data (Alzheimer strikes again)...but it is easy for you to test it.)

Kalle

I have a configuration with a siemens 315-2dp that has a profibusslave : a profibusmodule of an ABB S4 robotcontroller?
type of the card : DSQC 352.
Hardware configuration in S7 is online (when looking online) no busfaults, by using the periferic inputs and outputs I can communicatie with the slave, but when I trie sfc 14-15 (dp read-write) to have consistency, I have an error output at the sfc 14-15 : 80B1 : "The length of the specified destination area is not identical to the user data
length configured with STEP 7."
Although I have configured 8 words in out in hardware and at the sfc14-15 I also have 8 words.
Could it be that sfc14-15 is not always supported by older slaves?

Post a screen of sfc call and hw config of module.