SCADA connect with a OMRON PLC

Cwz90

I'm working with a SCADA that can view whether the machine is ON or OFF.
It will connect a computer, OMRON PLC and 8 machines together. but the 8 machines are old machine that do not have their own PLC. the plc model is CJ1M-CPU21.
when the start button of the machine is press, which means it is ON, and it can display in the SCADA to show that the machine is running now.

1) so is just connect the start button with the input of the OMRON PLC. is it possible to do that?

2) and how do i program the plc. I had done a project before that, but the machines i had connect are consist of their own plc. and the signal or data is move from a register to another so that the scada able to read and write to the machines. but now it is only a master plc and the machine does not have their own plc, so i still need to move from a register to another for write and read?
thanks you very much :ROFLMAO:

SCADA communicate with a PLC, or multiple ones to control them, gather feedback, trend, log and display etc, etc

What you are trying to accomplish may or not may not be accomplish by just connecting the start button of different machines to the Omron PLC and monitor it. Start button normally gives you a pulse only and mostly dead after that until you activate it again. You need a feedback from those machines tie to your PLC to may it work.

I suggest you approach a system integrator help.
Remarks: I am not a system integrator and far from Penang.

Best Regards

what exactly are these "older" machines?

As chavak said, connecting the start button only is not a good idea. if the machine is broken or has the power turned off, someone could press that start button 10 times but the machine won't actually be running! You really need some form of feedback, which should really be from a contact closure, drive running signal, measuring device, etc.

For example with pumps - i normally use the pump current as measured with a current transducer to determine if my pump is running as it should be.

So this feedback single should be relevant to the machine / process.

What SCADA System are you using?

To program the PLC, you'll need the CX-One software suite (I think). I'm not an OMRON guy, so hopefully someone else can assist there. If you're buying the PLC new, hopefully the person selling it to you realizes your needs and would be supplying you with the programming software.

This is no simple task for a newbie with no one to ask for help - I hope you will have the ability to program the PLC in a test environment and to learn before actually implementing anything in practice. As chavak said, maybe an experienced integrator is the way to go. Unfortunately all the malaysian PLC programmers I know are working here in NZ!

older machines means without any plc, or complicated circuit board, just a normal mechanical part and simple electronic circuit to run the machine.

it is not connecting with a start button, is a relay. the relay act as a switch, when the motor is running, it will trigger the relay, and i use this relay as my input.

you are right. but no choice i have to learn myself.
but i had conducted a project(SCADA development & plc communication) at my college before, i just try to apply on this current project.

thanks for advice, try to work at NZ if the chance is allow in future =)

OK that's not too bad then, at least it is some form of feedback via a relay contact.

Once you have the PLC and software, best way to figure things out is just to set it up on the bench, hook up the software and try a few examples from the help file / demo applications. Turn inputs on and off using a switch or jumper wire. You'll soon get the hang of it I'm sure.