PLC faulting on powerup

dginbuffalo

Hello- I have a Controllogix PLC with 2 remote I/O racks on Ethernet I/P. It has been going into fault after a few power outages they've had, and they have reset it before i could go online and look at the fault. I'm "thinking" that the remote racks are not coming up as fast as the Processor and it is faulting out because of this. Does this sound logical and is there something i can to do to change this? i have it set for major fault when it doesn't see the remote I/O- should i have a power up rung that delays looking at the remote I/O??

When you say the PLC is faulting, do you mean you are getting a fault message on your HMI, or is the fault LED flashing on the PLC. I ran into a problem last week with the PLC faulting because of a math overflow issue. Connect your computer to the PLC and see why its faulting. My guess is you will see why its faulting in the properties as chavak stated above.

It is a PLC fault on the processor. i don't think it keeps a fault history once the operators reset it AND it is 2 states away :(

As stated I had this issue last week, right before a customer was coming to buy-off on two machines.

1) Connect your computer up to the PLC.
2) Go up to where you select Offline, Download, Upload; at the very bottom you will see Controller Properties, click that.
3) Look under the tabs you should see Minor Properties, Major Properties.
4) Under one of those two tabs you should find out what your reason is.

Only way to figure out what fault it is exactly is to have you computer connected while doing this.

I have it set for major fault when it doesn't see the remote I/O-. . .
I would change it so that it does not set a major fault if it does not see the Remote I/O. What have you got to lose, except some headaches and travel to the remote site?