Help me please

STUDENT 01

Hi dear sirs.
I´m a electronic student and I´d like some help.
I have a old PLC siemens Simatic with CPU 100
I´d like to practice and learn more about PLC´s, but I don´t have any software or cable PC-PLC either.
Can I obtain, or download software and wiring conection of cable???
Best Regards
Pablo.

Pablo,

the software for this PLC, namely Siemens STEP5, is copyright protected. Giving you this software is illegal. You can find a description of the converter (beware: not just a cable) at this site . Regarding the software: there are alternatives to be found on the web. Search for "S5 for Windows" or for IBH-Softec. That's one of the alternatives of which you can download an evaluation copy, which should be enough to study.

BTW, if you put some effort in, you're bound to find STEP5 on the net as well, be it illegal to download it.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre, & Rudi,

My paternal grandmother was from the "old" country, and spoke the language often, expecially during tense moments. Unfourtantly the only single word I picked up was "humfra****". This was my q that someting wrong, and I was in trouble!

Anyway say hi to the folks..

Mike

Hello elevmike,

We're from the flemish part of Belgium, unfortunaly the word humfra**** didn't came trough completely. Perhaps if we should know the whole word I could explain in english what it ment.
Please take in account that we Belgiums have three native languages namely Flemish, French and German. So, it's possible that is was French or german. No problem

Rudi

Rudy, instead of programming I can't stop thinking about what Mike's grandmother said :D
Mike, maybe it was something more like godverdomme (pronounced hotverdomme) meaning goddamned or something like that.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I am just being curious...

Fritz,

She spoke little french or german, so I guess that would leave Flemish. She refered to home as in the "Lowlands", if you know what that means? I dont, I think it may be in the north.

I may have misspelled the word, but I dont need you to translate it here, as you may get de-listed from the forum! Then we would all miss your great posts.

Best regards, Mike

thierry2003, That's it! You've got it!

Last edited: