Connecting Mitsubishi PLC with Laptop

B_SIN

Hi, I am trying to connect Mitsubishi A172SHCPUN Motion controller with pc using RS232 to usb converter, but its showing nothing on screen of GX-developer 6.0, when I test connection it shows error: "PLz see attach img file of error message."

I am feeling like o_Oo_Oo_O

Please advice..

error img.JPG

Hello B_Sin. I have seen this when the PLC has been left in write/monitor mode. Try changing the PLC to read, then disconect and try again. Hope it works for you.

Thanks for a Kind reply,
Can you please suggest how to change this PLC to READ mode?
There are 5 modes RUN, STOP, RESET, .. ..,RESET.

My above questions may be sounds like I know nothing about PLCs, but truth is that I had learnt basic programming & troubleshooting stuff, but don't know the hardware connectivity. I had ruined my 5 days for trying to connect it. please advice..

Thanks for a Kind reply,
Can you please suggest how to change this PLC to READ mode?
There are 5 modes RUN, STOP, RESET, .. ..,RESET.

My above questions may be sounds like I know nothing about PLCs, but truth is that I had learnt basic programming & troubleshooting stuff, but don't know the hardware connectivity. I had ruined my 5 days for trying to connect it. please advice..
for going into read mode
Go to edit in gx developer and here you find read , write options.
Click on read and now u r ready to read program .

Have you sofware RS232 to USB yet?

And check config COM? It is COM 1 or COM 2 ...?

Good luck ! Hope I can help for you.