Logix5000 1756-L62 to Softlogix5800

jonfarrugia

I created a project using a 1756-L62 processor. The rack contains a 1756-EN2T ethernet module which connects to about 20 1734-AENT.
I'm looking to change the processor to softlogix5800 to test the code using the real world hardware. When I change the processor it deletes all my IO under the ehternet card. Is it possible to import the IO again or do I have to manually go through and reenter all the IO modules again?

That's why its better to use emulator, than softlogix. I would just make two versions of the program. One to debug under SoftLogix and the one with the correct I/O. There is no way to import the I/O, short of messing with the L5K file.

Ok. I've setup a softlogix ethernet/ip module in slot 3 and I'm trying to communicate to a 1734-aent and an ethernet/ip festo valve bank. I've configured many of these in the past but not with softlogix. For some reason I am getting connection timeouts to both devices. I know both are configured correctly. Is there something that needs to be set within the nic card to enable communication between the virtual rack and field IO?

IMHO I would beg steal or borrow a real L62 and test your software on the platform it will finally be used on.

There are some undocumented differences in the way SoftLogix (and Emulate is a cut-down version of SoftLogix) handle some basic instructions (you can check out my other posts for details) - and frankly I don't trust both of them.