hi guys

yassine07400

Hi, my name is yassine-khelil CHELALI , I'm a student in Faculty of Petroleum and Chemical in BOUMERDES-ALGERIA department of automatic , specialty Electromechanical, 5th year engineering
My project is based on the automatic brake of the drawwork of drilling, combination between auxilary(electromagnetic) and principal(mechanic) brakes, I want to use the encoder but I don't know how I use it, please help me , the PLC used in the site is Allen Bradley 5/03 serie B 1746, but in my proposed solution I want to use S7-300, and integrate it with Allen bradley
inputs:
1- encoder: for the height and speed
2- toggel SW for the mechanical brake ( braking, liberate)
3- controller for the electromagnetic brake(ELMAG-CO)
4- the hand throttle, and foot throttle(faster than hand throttle ) used in determining the value of speed
outputs:
1- two solenoids ( enter, liberate ) the air in the pneumatic eign
2- auxilary brake circuit ( base transistor )
3- values of the speed
4- cutting the control signal for the automatic braking with the auxilary brake

and finelly the calibration of the system, limits for eatch brake( hand/auto)
my E-mail : [email protected]

:unsure:o_O

My project is based on the automatic brake of the drawwork of drilling,. . .
Would this also be called an "automatic brake for the winch on a drilling rig"?

...the PLC used in the site is Allen Bradley 5/03 serie B 1746, but in my proposed solution I want to use S7-300, and integrate it with Allen bradley.
I am familar with Allen Bradley SLC 5/03 encoder instructions, but not the Siemens S7-300. However, I am sure the methods are similar. The key is knowing exactly how your specific brand and model of encoder works - how it converts a rotary input into a series of numbers.

Last edited:
yes , I was in a drilling site here in algeria, do you have any ideas on this pleas , in the new systems there is a system called KEMS but I don't know how it's working,

thanks for replying me , I was in a drilling site here in ALGERIA, there is another system(new from china) called KEMS but I don't have any idea on it, can you help me to release this project pleas,

Do you have any ideas on this, please?
Yes, first pick an encoder brand and model that will work with your S7-300 and also with the winch on the drilling rig. You need to know the maximum speed of the winch shaft, and the voltage level of your S7-300 input for the encoder (among other things that you will have to know).

in the site there are allen bradley , but the Rslogix 500 witch I have , there is now slc 5/03 serie B 1746, because of that I want to work with siemens

I have Rslogix500 with slc 5/03 serie C not serie B, to that I want to work with siemens, but if you have a solution with allen bradley It's ok , I will work with it but not for the same processor

and for the voltage , I will use allen bradley if you have the data on it , because in the site nobody help me , they don't understand it

Tank you,thanks for your time, but how the PLC read the signals coming from the encoder(digital, analogue),
Digital inputs that are configured as High-Speed Counter inputs.

Sir , do you think that Rslogix 500 is more simple than Step 7 in ladder programming?
It is for me.