Port Forwarding, HMI, and a brick wall.

joeholick

Hello and thanks to everyone who has helped thus far. I am experimenting with HMI's and PLCS, and I have a desire to try to view the status of my house via web-based HMI or SCADA. I have successfully build an AdvancedHMI application, although it will only run in the debugging stage. Should I be able to publish this, or is there anyway to stream this data over a router?

Is Integraxor a better choice, and if so, can you give me a direction on how to start? I played with it a little, but do not really understand the tag labeling, or the port configuring. I have several magnetic alarm switches setup throughout my house and I would like to draw up an overhead view and animate any doors that open based on the 5/05's output, which is already connected to my router.

Thanks everyone.
Joe.

Also, I will eventually be controlling temperatures and most importantly, logging data to try to make HVAC run at it's highest efficiency, and test several other ideas that may help save energy.