Proficy ME password

baduc11

Rather new to Proficy ME, we have changed all our HMI over to QP, the software is rather easy thus far but I am having trouble trying to password lock 1 screen. Does anyone have any ideal on how to do this?

Regards,
:unsure:

By default the QP View uses the OS's "User Account" control for this. Set it up in the 'Control Panel' or through scripting using the "EditUserList" View Function, see online help for details.
Or you can build your own with scripts, storing data in a PLC variable or HMI internal Variable.

Yes the program I have wrote I have several scripts in it, how can I use script to prompt a password login? Just make it when I hit that screen selector to jumpt to script for password? And how to make it the correct password?

1. Righ-Click the Panel
2. Select an object from the list BUT NOT from the top two menus, choose 'Rectangle'.
3. Draw the rectangle then double-click it.
4. The 'Animations Properties' window opens.
5. Select the 'Touch' tab, Enable Touch and set to 'Run Script when up'. Write the script here.

Once you master these "Animation Properties" there is little that you cannot make this thing do, you will be limited only by your imagination.

The top two menu selections here contain the "Quick" part of the QuickPanel but they are not very flexible, WYSIWYG. Have fun!