Advancing SQI - Why wont it advance?

ldrewes

I am having trouble with an SQI step not advancing. Was wondering what would cause this to happen. The value in the Array relative to the control position matches the value in the source array. The rung with the SQI and SQO instruction is true...it just seems to stop there. It was my understanding that when the source array value matches up with the SQI array value, thats what triggered it to advance to the next step. I am using a compact logix L32E.
Thanks for any help.

If it's like the PLC-5, then the SQI must make a false to true transition. This is one of the reasons I don't use the built in SQI/SQO instructions. At one time, I thought I fixed the problem (in a PLC-5) by using a oneshot, but that doesn't work when the sequencer enters a step in which all the inputs are already true.

Your trigger input probably reaches a point where it is true (ON or = 1) and stays true on every PLC scan. Therfore your SQI will not advance if it does not see a false-to-true transition.

It is always risky to use the data inside the SQI or SQO as the triggering input. If you insist on using the dog to chase its own tail, then it should be combined in series with something else that goes on/off regularly, such as a bit from a counter or timer.

Great, glad to hear about your success. Would you post your SQI and SQO rungs to show how you solved the problem?