GE 90-30 Data Move to Counter:

sthompson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi GE Experts:

I would like to move a different Counter Preset into several Counters based on a Selector Switch Position. I am using a GE 90-30 with a CPU331. I presume this is possible, but it is my first project with a 90-30, and any hints and advice would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Stu.....

This is just a simple UPCTR instruction, correct?

You can use an addressed variable as the PV node (preset) for the instruction. You're not restricted to a constant. Elsewhere in ladder logic use MOVE instructions to get the desired value into the preset register.

It's not widely known or practiced, but you can use MOVE instructions to load your desired preset value directly to the second of the three %R addresses assigned to the UPCTR instruction and leave the PV node blank. The second %R address gets a copy of whatever you specify at the PV node. That would be just like using a MOV or COPY to an Allen Bradley counter's .PRE word.

This is just a simple UPCTR instruction, correct?

You can use an addressed variable as the PV node (preset) for the instruction. You're not restricted to a constant. Elsewhere in ladder logic use MOVE instructions to get the desired value into the preset register.

It's not widely known or practiced, but you can use MOVE instructions to load your desired preset value directly to the second of the three %R addresses assigned to the UPCTR instruction and leave the PV node blank. The second %R address gets a copy of whatever you specify at the PV node. That would be just like using a MOV or COPY to an Allen Bradley counter's .PRE word.

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a simple UPCTR, I should have been more specific. I will try that out on my 90-30 Test Rack, and make sure I am doing it correctly. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Stu....