TIA Portal Move Data From An Optimised Block

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Afternoon,

I have a DB in TIA Portal V16 that is optimised. I cannot change this.

There is an array inside that block which consists of 3000 BOOL's.

I need to access these bools in anther DB, but because the block is optimised it wont allow me to do a BLK transfer or a move.

Is there any way round this?

Cheers

Mark

Is the data area defined by a UDT ?
If so, define the other data area by the same UDT and you can then do the simple MOVE.

If the data areas are different, even optimized and non-optimized, then serialize/de-serialize is the tool that can copy 'everything'.

What are you trying to do? Why does the other DB need the data also?

If both DBs have the same array size declared, and you need the whole array, you should be able to just move the array tag from one to the other.

Post your code. Here's a move from an optimised DB to a non optimised DB - working ok. Note that a byte is used to store the boolean values in an optimised DB so it will take up a lot more space in work memory than a non optimised DB (3172 bytes vs 444 bytes in this case)

optim1.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon,

I have a DB in TIA Portal V16 that is optimised. I cannot change this.

There is an array inside that block which consists of 3000 BOOL's.

I need to access these bools in anther DB, but because the block is optimised it wont allow me to do a BLK transfer or a move.

Is there any way round this?

Cheers

Mark

I finally got a chance to test this, cause it's been bugging me. MOVE works when it's the whole array to move. If it's partial, use MOVE_BLK. You need to make sure that you address the specific tags in the array that you want to start copying at for IN and OUT, not the whole array tag.

This works for me from optimized to optimized and optimized to non-optimized.