Omron program upload?

raceandski

Hi all.

I've found myself, once again, walking into a situation where there's already poop on the fan blades.
Long story short, I have an Omron PLC. With these model numbers:
Omron PLC:

Sysmac
CJ2M
CPU33

It already has a working program in it. This program needs modification, and the original isn't readily available. (See poop, above).

My questions are:
Does Omron's default behavior include storing a local copy for upload?
Does this upload come with descriptions?
Is the upload PW protected?

I have a feeling I already know the answers to these questions, based on how other brands typically operate. o_O

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to have a more solid feeling on my chances of recovering the program before dropping $2K on the dev software.

Thanks PLCS!

Yes it should have local copy stored with descriptions. If it has a password depends on if the programmer added one. here is a grab from omron manual about memory storage.

Provided there is no password you only need a USB cable and the latest version of CX-Programmer. You can also upload all the special I/O module information as well with the exception of network information (if networked). For that you need CX-Integrator - both parts of CX-One.
If there is a password you are in trouble.
You can also upload all symbols, comments etectera if there are any that have been stored in the PLC.