OMRON CJ1M CPU11 Program Upload

AndrewThu129

Hello everyone. I am new when it comes to Omron PLCs.
Currently I'm uploading program from CJ1M PLC using CS1W-CIF31 cable only. I connected the serial (RS232) port of the PLC to my PC and tried to go auto online with CX-Programmer.
But everytime I try to search the PLC, it returns with an error saying "Failed to connect to the PLC".
My question is that is it possible to upload program with only one cable [CS1W-CIF31]?

The CS1W-CIF31 cable is more or less a standard USB to RS232C converter. You'll need an additional connection to the Host Link port (DE9). You can make the cable yourself. See below. You can perform the Auto Online function but if you don't have success, you can set DIP SW #5 to ON then the serial parameters will be 9600, 7, Even, 2.

The image shows "Option Board" but all Omron Host Link ports are nearly the same.

PLC_HostLink_Cable.png