DHRIO and adding a node to it...Help

JoseM

I have this machine that is communicating via DH+ to a central Logix PLC. This PLC has two DHRIO modules and we are already getting data from this PLC that is displayed on a big monitor running an iFix application.

I was looking at the DHRIO module LCD and it says Channel A - Node 34.

How can I add this node to RSLinx so I can see the PLC on my list of devices.

ALso, can you change the mame that RSLinx gives to the icons to something more meaningful.

Last edited:
How can I add this node to RSLinx so I can see the PLC on my list of devices.

Drill down in RSLinx.... if you have a ENBT (example) then open the ENBT then back plain on the ENBT then you will see all the cards on the back plain including the DHRIO, open it then you should see your other network also

But you may also want to say what else you have in the rack as there are other ways of getting on line with it

This is what RSLinx looks like. The channel I'm showing highlighted corresponds to the production liine where this machine is located. As you can see, node 34 is missing from the list of nodes.

DH_CH A.jpg

Last edited:
There is no DH+ blue cable going to CH B. What do you mean when you said "What Rack is the DHRIO".

What you see on the right hand pane are all the devices mapped under CH A. Node 34 which is the machine in question is not part of the group.

Right mouse click on the DHRIO card CHA to see the properties of that card

My understanding is that the DHRIO card has the Node 34 ,
or is it a processor in the field, if so what is that processor.

There is no DH+ blue cable going to CH B. What do you mean when you said "What Rack is the DHRIO".

Where is the card located ? physically located

Is it in the rack you expanded, is it the DHRIO you click on? or is it a remote card in another rack and should be showing up on the right

The node # 34 that I mention is a processor in the field and its blue hose into a ControlLogix Rack that its located in the maintenance office. The processor on the field is a Logix5561.

The rack in the office has a Logix 5562 PLC that serves as a central data collection hub for a monitoring system that the site developed on iFix environment.

Where you see the "Backplane, 1756-A7/A" icon, all the five modules shown under it on the tree are part of that rack.

The DHRIO card that I'm referring too is, on the picture I posted, Node #2 "1756-DHRIO/B". Channel A on this node is blue hose to all the processors in the field that are part of what they call here "Line 1" of production.

On the picture I show, the field processor in question should be showing on the right hand pane.

Last edited:
Post #1
"I was looking at the DHRIO module LCD and it says Channel A - Node 34."

Post #10
"The node # 34 that I mention is a processor in the field and its blue hose into a ControlLogix Rack that its located in the maintenance office."

Is node 34 a processor or a 1756 DHRIO?

Last edited:
The processor on the field is a Logix5561 and the rack where it resides has a DHRIO which the LCD says node #34. This DHRIO is blue hose back into the maintenance office.

The rack with Logix5562 is located in the maintenance office and the slot 2 DHRIO on this rack has a node of 21.

I see.
In a perfect world, Node 34 will show up in your RSLinx RSWho interface.:)
Are you successfully moving data (MSG) between any of the "viewable" nodes and the troublesome 34?

Yes, because I have this iFix application in the maintenance office that displays information about all the different pieces of equipment out in the field.

The screen that represents the equipment which has the DHRIO with node # 34 in its rack is showing all the right information. This is telling me that communication must be working through RSLinx.

Is your iFix application deployed onto all nodes?
Have you tried browsing with RSLinx while iFix is turned off?