RSView5.1/PanelView6.0 Compatibility Question

regast

I want to know if RSView 5.1 and PanelView Plus 1000 w/ Windows CE 6.0 or 6.1 are compatible. I want to know if this incompatibility I see could be the cause of the following error when using Transfer Utility:

"The destination selected is not a valid device.
Please select a valid destination and try again."

I'm an intern and my boss hasn't showed up today, so really I'm asking because I need to know if I should spend my time looking for other possible causes for the error, or if I should find something else to do because it won't be able to be fixed without a download of a newer version of RSView. (I can't update the firmware without a newer version)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
As far as I know, only way to remove the error is to upgrade to FTView 6.x.
Anyway, you can try to move your runtime file using an SD or USB card to the PVP6.

Procedure:
  1. Create the MER application file.
  2. Connect your USB flash drive or SD card to your computer.
  3. Create the following folder on the flash drive: Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime
  4. Copy the MER application to the Runtime folder.
  5. On the PanelView Plus, go to the configuration screen.
  6. Connect the USB flash drive, or SD card to the PanelView Plus.
Then follow instructions on the User Manual, chapter 4, File Management, in order to copy the .mer file to the internal storage on PVP6.

Hope this helps,

- fuzzy logic