desperately need simple sample programs or exercises for Step7 Professional

Simple task. Write an FB that will flash an output using a user settable period using IEC timer(s). Use STL for the FB.

task1.JPG

Last edited:
Expand and allow the user to set the frequency or the period.
If the period is zero, use the frequency, if the frequency is zero use the period. For all other conditions the output should stay at zero.

task3.JPG

Last edited:
Expand and allow the user to specify the byte.bit of the Q that is to flash. Example shown will flash Q4.3

task4.JPG

Expand and combine the individual FB parameters into a UDT, create a DB containing the UDT and pass the UDT as an input parameter to the FB.

task5.JPG

Write an FC that determines the following data for an array:
1.DBNumber where array is located
2.Area pointer of start address of the array
3.The size of the array in bytes
4.The size of an array element in bytes
5.The size of the array in elements

The FC will have two any pointer input parameters, the first points to the array, the second points to an element of the array. The FC will use an any pointer return value to point to a udt containing the determined data for the array as detailed above.

Example call and UDT shown below:

task7.JPG

Last edited:
these types of examples need profissional programer like you .
what about teach us how to deal with pionter format or any pointer format
in STL and complex data type like array and structure and pointer data type , you will be generous if you make a video supported with sound to explain these details , i believe that pointers are complex enough to understand ,but if you know basics ,you could know more details with examples

thank you in advance

Expand so that two separate flashers can be passed to the FB using UDTs

Hi LD,

I've just been working through your examples myself.

I've got to the part about making the FB accept 2 UDTs.

Passing the new UDT is no problem but the only way I can see of doing the code is by 'doubling' it up. i.e. adding 2 new SFB 4 TONs etc...

I'm sure this can't be correct and I'm also sure that I'm missing something simple. I've attached the library of the project I have so far but just wanted a 'prod' in the right direction if possible.

Cheers

;-)

Create two instance of the FB from the previous example and then pass on the two UDT's to each instance.