Desperately in need of Micrologix1200 to Inview Panel communication help

skihard

Hello let me explain my problem. I just got tossed into a somewhat complicated job because the person that normally does the writing is on vacation and we have a deadline to meet. I don’t normally do much programming beyond so simple I/O stuff with some timers and counters tossed in but this job is different.

I have a Micrologix1200 PLC and I have to send 3 variables to an Inview 2706-P42R.

I have a message I’m trying to display as a header with 3 variables underneath that gives a live reading. The message looks like this:

Hd/Hr Ft/Min Bch Qty
0 0 0

Now for what I can’t seem to figure out. How do I trigger my message and get it to write my variable to these 3 slots (the 0’s being {none:0}{none:1}{none:2})

I’m doing an ASCII write and have in my ST file the following:

ST9:0 ^T2\\1\\255^M

ST9:1 ^V[N7:9]\\0^M

ST9:2 ^V[N7:13]\\1^M

ST9:3 ^V[N7:10]\\2^M

Looking at examples I think I’m pretty close to having it right but I could be totally off, also I’m not sure I’m talking to the Inview panel. I have channel zero set up as Driver ASCII, Baud 9600, Parity none.

I think I’ve given all the information needed but if not I can post anything else you may need.

Just a thought....is the 1200 the R version with two ports?

If so then the firmware needs upgrading to 10.1 for ascii coms to work correctly. What happens is the channel config is applied and then lost until the default button is pressed.

Last time I used the Inview, it would not accept numeric variables, I had to write my own protocol. I understand this has been fixed in a later firmware rev.

Don't forget to set the node number to one or higher.

regards
kevin

Yes it is the 2 port version and what you are describing sounds like what may be happening as I do have to press the default button to "talk" to the PLC again.

I'll look into upgrading the firmware and see what happens.

edit: nevermind I called tech support for the guys that sold us the PLC and they are getting me the 10.1 version and sendng it over so hopefully all will be well by the end of the day. Thank you Kevin for your help.

Last edited:
Is the rs232 port configured as a ascii comport to talk to the inview? And do you have the correct ladder logic to send the ascii strings to the inview, mostly uses the msg command. If you upload what u have might make it easier to help you out.

OK here are the 2 files. the Micrologix1200 and the InView, I've updated my processor to 10.1 and still I'm not writing my message for some reason unknown to me. I should really just stick to the Designing of the machines and not the programming of them.