Red Lion DSP USB Connection

Nick517

New to red lion products and crimson software. Trying to connect the DSP device to the pc via USB. The device is showing up in windows device manager, but when trying to mount, or format the compact flash through crimson 3.0 it tells me no flash compact card detected. The manual does mention that a certain type of flash card must be used. Would the wrong manufactured card stop the device being read?. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate some help.

I am using a TRS 2 gig. I may have not have set up the device correctly, but having followed the manual Windows has installed all the drivers and the DSP is showing up in the device manager. I cant seem to find much information online about connected the device to the pc using the crimson software. I have configured the link option to USB assuming this would link the device, although the devices pain in the resources pain is showing not mapped?.

Quick easy way to make sure it is setup right, have you downloaded a program through the USB?

I've used a variety of CF cards and as long as they are below 2GB they usually work fine. I usually use the SanDisk 2GB Ultra Compact Flash CF Card

I have selected update and the dialog box says updating via USB. When i click on mount CF card it says no cf card detected? I have tried a cf card reader after updating and nothing appears to have been written to the card. As mentioned I have only just started using this technology and online support seems to be very limited. Is there anything else i should have done to link the connection between the pc and the device? As i mentioned all drivers have been installed and i have changed the link option to USB.

Actually you will find that Red Lion's support is top notch for the industry.

Nothing is written the the CF card when you send to the unit. It has on board memory for that.

If you can send via the USB and can't mount the CF, then my first guess would be the CF card isn't compatible. It usually is that simple, that's why you are not seeing much in the way of documentation for it.

One last test would be to create a data log that would write to the CF card, say once a minute. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so then pull the card out and put it in your CF reader. I suspect it will be blank.

Yes everything i have read so far assumes that once the USB is connected you should be able to mount the card. I expected that it may be uncompatable.
I will try the data log and see if anything is written to the card. If that does not work i will get a Sandisk card and hopefully this will resolve the problem. Thanks for you help

Nick

The issue you are experiencing is most likely due to the brand card you are using. I would recommend the use of SanDisk or SimpleTech.

Thanks
Jeremy