barriers for quad encoders

Is the encoder in the explosive zone??

If so you need a barrier on the power supply fed to the encoder, at least, if not also.

Look at STAHL and PEPPREL&FUCHS websites for ideas.

I tried P&F but they don't seem to have what I'm after. There's plenty of IS encoders out there, but no one seems to do a quadrature barrier to suit. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give Stahl a go.

I dont know of any barriers for encoders, however if your incoder is low voltage, and you have a current limiter on the power supply you may meet the safety requirements.

Here's a good article on intrinsic safety .

Similar Topics

Good day, could someone assist me if I'm wrong. We currently using MTL zener barriers on our current input loops. I'm measuring 17.5 vdc between...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever used 1756 analog input card through a IS barrier?
Replies
Views
Do I need to put intrinsic barriers on instruments that are rated Class Div 2 and non-incendive? The mass flow controller tech support person...
Replies
Views
I am working on my wiring diagram for my analog outputs. I am going to use a signal conditioner/ barrier to send intrinsically safe 4-20 mA to my...
Replies
Views
It's not a plc question but it's often comes with it... Do some of you know exactly when we need to add an intrinsec barrier in a CL1 div 2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom