Scaling with an Offset using PanelView Component

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone explain if there is a way to scale with an offset using the C400 component? (2711C-T4T)

In the regular Panelview Standard the scaling is done in the Tag with a place to put the scaling factor as well as an offset number.
The Component Tag has a place for Raw units and Scaled units with Min and a Max, but I don't see an Offset.
attachment.php

attachment.php

C400Scale.jpg TagScaled.jpg

The Component Tag has a place for Raw units and Scaled units with Min and a Max, but I don't see an Offset.
Given the four values (Input Min, Input Max, Scaled Min, Scaled Max) then the Offset can be calculated internally and used in the scaling function without ever being entered by the operator. Here are the basic scaling equations. See how the Offset is a combination of the 4 basic parameters.

Scaled Value = Input Value X Slope + Offset
Slope = (Scaled Max - Scaled Min) / (Input Max - Input Min)
Offset = Scaled Min - (Input Min X Slope)

Therefore, Offset = Scaled Min - [Input Min X (Scaled Max - Scaled Min) / (Input Max - Input Min)]

Last edited:
Given the four values (Input Min, Input Max, Scaled Min, Scaled Max) then the Offset can be calculated internally and used in the scaling function without ever being entered by the operator. Here are the basic scaling equations. See how the Offset is a combination of the 4 basic parameters.

Scaled Value = Input Value X Slope + Offset
Slope = (Scaled Max - Scaled Min) / (Input Max - Input Min)
Offset = Scaled Min - (Input Min X Slope)

Therefore, Offset = Scaled Min - [Input Min X (Scaled Max - Scaled Min) / (Input Max - Input Min)]
Sorry, but I can't wrap my head around this.
Can you restate this with some simple numbers as examples.
Thanks

I think I got it.
Code:
             RawMin   RawMax   ScaledMin   ScaledMax 
               178      4095     10.40424   19.2997737       
  Slope=   0.002271         
  Offset   10

Thanks

That is correct. It is nothing more than the old equation for a straight line in the X-Y coordinate system, y = mx + b, that you learned in high-school math. Dig up an old math book for further study.