AB 1769-L18 Losing Time Setting

kamenges

Has anyone else had an issue with the realtime clock on the AB 1769-L18ER losing it's setting on a power cycle? This is the first time I've used the L18. Every time I cycle the power the time reverts to Jan 1, 1998 at 12AM. It doesn't matter how long power is down. Any power cycle will do it.

Keith

Is it loosing the program too or just the time? Is this the new ones that don't need a battery?

I haven't work with the new CompactLogix models yet. Are there time options on the DateTime page?

Yes, there are time options. They seem to be the same options as with any of the Logix family controllers. This is a standalone non-motion application so I don't have any of the time sync stuff selected.

I am running version 20 firmware, which is the first ti support the 1769-L1X controllers. So, yes, I'm dancing on the edge with this one. But it fit the app so well!!! That's what I get for looking at the new stuff, I guess.

Keith

There is a technote(479356 - 1769-L16 or 1769-L18 Processor Does Not Retain IP address on Power Cycle) about loosing the IP address during a power cycle, but nothing about the date. The TN said to remeber to save to the SD. But you don't have the SD loading on power-up, do you?

No, I don't. I haven't saved anything to the SD card yet. That reminds me that I should at some point.

I will probably send my plc program to our local distributor and have them load it on an L18 they have for training. I'll see if that one loses the clock. That will tell me if it is something in my program or something with the plc I have.

Keith