DL206 Modbus help

dginbuffalo

Hello- i need some help.i am trying to do a MWX write to a GS-2 drive. i want write a run command and speed reference. they should be 2 parameters in a row (42331 and 42332). i have the MWX to "preset multiple registers" 2 elements long. from V2000 into K42331. i'm thinking this will work. my question is how do i get the data in V2000/2001 to begin with? where's the MOV instruction like AB software!! Any help? thanks :)

The equivalent to MOV is two instructions

LD - either a constant 'K' or a V memory location
OUT - V memory location

There are also more involved IBox instructions for those who can't deal with two instructions.

I would advise getting the CPU module manual (PDF from AutomationDirect) and read all about EVERY instruction. It besats scratching the head a lot.

Last edited:
Bernie,
i appreciate the help you've given me in the last week. It appears you have their product nailed down good!! I'll do some more reading. Thanks again!