HMI-Working.

dandrade

I know two ways of operation of HMI.

Send information - Go programmed main in PLC
Request information - Go programmed main software will HMI.

Exist HMI projetc from brand PLC (proprietary) others not. (universal)

Proprietary - I Possessed scours of memory shared, reserved for functions from the IHM and common use. Sometime, he flag IHM enable not possible write in the registers.

Universal - Normally, programmed with software. Not has more information.

Question 01: All previous writing is complete? Exits others?

Question 02: All PLCs, shares memory will go IHM proprietary? What PLC not it.

Comment 02: The question 02, what PLC not has problem.If in the future add HMI proprietary not necessary rework, re-map memory.

Question 03: HMI Universal - What working, necessary map memory? Exactly, as interface HMI <--> PLC

Question 04: Go possible, simulate HMI from the commands PLC. What more easy proprietary or universal.

Comment 04: Possible, set the HMI keys saw commands. Comand key 1, open screen 1... Exemple Tutor to use HMI (see open screens, adds numbers, working) from the program PLC.

End the questions, lives others post or replys here. Talk question number, for my understanding to order.

Explanation

Hi dandrade

Sorry to say that I could not understand your question, problably because of my poor English.

As for you, for me is easier to speak Portuguese.

João

You can have use basically two methods (or a combination of both) to communicate from PLC to HMI (IHM).
  • Screen changes, etc. are initiated by the HMI software, and no 'special' coding is required in the PLC.
  • Let the PLC dictate which screens are displayed.
It's usually a combination of BOTH methods though... :nodi:

If I understood the proprietary question correctly... Some HMIs ONLY work with one specific brand (i.e. PanelView), some work with a limited number of different brands (i.e. AD's EZ line), while others talk to just about anything (i.e E-Terminals)

beerchug

-Eric

Ok Eric Tranks you reply.

I like more comments, for "maping memory" for varied HMI and "comunication" PLC<->HMI.

I find common point.

Hello! Portugal, envio a questão por MP.Em qualquer tempo, de qualquer post, ok! (Temos que aceitar respeitar o idioma daqui)

I'm not sure whether or not this is an answer to any of your questions.

When you are talking about HMI panels used to replace operator devices like pushbuttons, pilot lights, panel meters, keypads, etc, there are two primary methods of communications between the HMI and the PLC.

The first method is serial communications where the HMI panel is the communications master.

The second method makes the HMI panel a node on some peer-to-peer network such as DeviceNet, Profibus, Remote I/O, or Genius.

The first method offers the most flexibility. The HMI can read or write data to just about any area of PLC memory. This approach minimizes the amount of ladder logic in the PLC required to support the HMI panel. In this method, you download a serial communications driver to the HMI panel along with the screens and the tag database. (The tag database is the set of HMI variables that are linked to PLC memory.) This approach is limited to RS232 or RS485 data rates. Data throughput also tends to slow down dramatically as you try to connect one HMI to multiple PLCs. If you need multiple HMI panels connected to the same PLC, the PLC must have multiple serial ports.

In the second method, you have to assign a fixed number of bytes of both input and output data in the PLC's memory to HMI communications. The HMI reads from the assigned output data block and writes to the assigned input data block. This approach requires some ladder logic to move data around between the area assigned to the HMI and the area where it gets used in controlling the machine. Network data transmission rates are significantly faster than serial communications. Its easier to integrate multiple HMIs to one PLC or multiple PLCs to a single HMI. You generally need a network daughter board in addition to the base HMI.

ask in potuguese

Dandrade
Why you didn't try to write your questions with your mother tongue language which i know that it's portuguese.
Phil offer in this site translation from portuguese to english.
Just write it and the reader will translate it to english.
This will help us in better understanding your question and help you to get more powerful support.
I wish you the best.
Good luck.