Ecom Issue

glenncovington

Lifetime Supporting Member
Having an interesting issue. I have 3 D0-05DD-D processors with ECOM100 cards. When connecting on the network they units get framing errors and transport protocol errors and then drop offline. I can ping them, go to the webserver on them, see them in NetEdit; but cannot connect to the processor. After spending a lot of time checking cables, 3Com switch configurations, etc. I pretty much gave up. Then for an experiment I connected my laptop to the cable and could do whatever I wanted on the network with no errors. So then I replaced the D0-05 with a D0-06AR processor that I had in my spares. It connected to the network right away with no issues after a week of testing. Going back to the 05 processor, errors.

Anyone have an idea why the 06 would work and not the 05? I updated all firmware on the processors and the ecom card.

Perhaps a call to AutomationDirect's customer service line is in order? They've always been knowledgeable and extremely helpful to me.

-rpoet