simatic s5 problem

marq

Hi
our simatic does not start at all, and the stop led keeps blinking, i´ve searched this forum for similar problems and the overall reset didnt help to this issue,
i´ve used pg-2000 program to transfer the program into siemens but it still doesnt seem to work(it was a workable program because it ran perfectly 2 weeks ago)
what could be the problem in this please help!

What kind of configuration do you have ?

Normally when the red stop led is blinking it means the PLC himself stopped the scanning of the program. THis can happen whe a calculations is bad, hardware is faulty and so on.

So the things you want to look at:
-Hardware
-Software programming fault. Do you use a new piece of programm.

Hi,

I ones had the same problem, I replaced almost the complete hardware (S5-155U) and it seemed that it only the vent was defect. So, perhaps you need to check your vent.

Rudi

Is it possible that the eprom is damaged, i´ve read somewhere in here that it could easily damage?
how could i check the program if it has faults? any suggestions?
only full program that i can use is s5 for dos v3(yes the oldest one)
the program itself should be ok, it worked fine less than twoweeks ago, but when we turned power off, it perhaps have erased the mory, bad battery i think, new one is ordered allready, but this is a mystery why the stop led keeps blinking, i´ve tried the overaal reset, and reset only difference between them is that sometimes the stop led blinks faster than othertime?
I´ve have to admit that i´m really a newbie with plc, i´ve worked now only 6months with them (omronc200hs and siemens simatic s5)
and everything that i know i have got from here (allmost)
BTW this is a great information bbs for plc:s

marq

Pull the eprom out. Make an absolut reset (erase of the programm) and shut down power on the CPU.
Put the eprom back in. Power up the CPU. If run turns on your OK.

If the red light is blinking:
Try to make an upload of the programm with your laptop / PC and pull the Eprom out. Before you pull the eprom, turn off the power.
Make a absolut memory erase again.
Than transfer the programm back to the PLC and see if it works.

When this works your OK until you turn of the power from the PLC. Then you have to transfer the programm again.
When you get the replacement battery you should be OK again.

When it DOESN'T work you have a problem. Then you won't be able to retreve the programm from the eprom. In that case start looking for the original backup disk where your college !! stored it's original programm.
Load it in the laptop / PC and transfer it to the PLC. Leave the eprom out.

When you don't have the original disk, good luck writing a new programm................

Question for you:
How do you make the absolut erase ??

Good luck to you !!!

Jurgen

question:
when i upload the program from pc to plc do i have to take eprom out from the card?

question2:
anybody have simple instructions for german or english step5 program
!v3.?!

jurgen:
you mentioned about the full program of siemens, im not clear with this, is it the s5d file or what kind of files does the full program contains?
i have one floppy which has some ini files also?

marq,

have you tried something simple like a minimal program? in the RAM memory (remove EPROM/EEPROM), try

OB1:

A F 0.0
= F 0.0

BE

do something similar in OB21, OB22 (if they exist, or even delete them). make sure you have a copy the original files to start with. If RUN doesn't work then there's definitely a hardware problem.

If it is OK, put back the original OB1, but disable one PB/FB/SB at a time. eg, add:

O F 0.0
ON F 0.0
BEC

where necessary to disable further processing.

if you want some manuals, try

http://www.ad.siemens.com/simatic/controller/html_76/asindex.htm

then follow the links

good hunting ;)

Problem solved!
this was the problem, so easy and i was so newbie that i didnt notice,
in pg2000 configurations we had to change, option pg path, thats why it didnt send good data to plc, now as we changed the plc path to something like 501? it went well and now the machine is running perfectly, thank you everybody for your suggestions!
;)

Hello,

What you're talking about is AS511 which is the standaard PLC communication port. It's also possible (as you noticed) to connect your PG to your PLC in many different ways. We always connected our PG via industrial ethernet. We had three 155U PLC connected to each other via Industrial ethernet with a CP1430 card.
I must stop here it might take us to far.

Never forget:

I learn from the misstakes from someone else because I don't have the time to make them all by myself.

Rudi