small confusion to configuratoin data formats

samsam

hi lancie1 still guiet confusion to the last email which you send me you have send data formats as example :
4mA : 0 and 20mA : 16383 but in the ladder program you some other data configuration pleae clarify bcoz what i notice the other configuraiton which you have consider in the attachement ladder program i am expecting is for analog output moduel please do clarify me thanks again waiting for your reply.

Well, first off, all PLC analog modules are not created equal. Each brand and model has different digital count ranges and even are user-selectable. Do you wnat current or voltage? Do you want 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, or -20 to +20 mA? Do you want to use Raw data or Scaled-for-PID data? Is it an Input module or an Output module (they are NOT always the same)?

Dear Lancie1,
I want to use current and 4-20mA will be using with scaled-for-PID data and the module is input in this case what data format shall i use iam not using analog output and the analog input module will be 1762-IF4 .thanks well waiting for your reply thanks lancie1 i have reach upto certain point .

Okay, then for "Scaled-for-PID", I would try an Input range of 0 to 16383. That is, a 4 miliampere input should produce about 0 counts in your analog input memory location, and 20 miliamperes should produce about 16383 counts. Use those numbers in the SCP instruction to scale your analog input to your desired engineering units (0 to 10 meters I think you said).

TIP: You might want to scale your input to 0 to 100 (Scaled Min = 0, Scaled Max = 100), so that you have better resolution when dividing integer numbers. Then you know that the "100" is really "10.0 meters".

Last edited: