Wincc

vermaak

We currently have got 4 PLC's running on simatic S7 ver 4 with Winnc ver 4. We have multiple pictures witch are the same between the diffrent plc's except for the tags that are different. New pages are added every day to the wincc side of the project. Is there a way of editing the pictures and just replacing a value of the tag to another on that page and save it.
We project is designed is such a way that the PLC's have got the same tag names except for the brgging of the tag Example : "Prod1_run" and "Prod2_run"
I have tried using notepad, it changes the tag and saves the file, but when opening it again with graphics editor a error occures "Not a Graphics file"
Regards

can you say it simply?
i am not sure what you wanna to use again? the graphic? or the tag?

I know exactly what you need ! But if Win CC is anywhere nearly the same architecture and editing as Protool (which I think), then there is no solution for it :(

What you want to do is to substitute the tags that are embedded in the graphich elements on a page. In that way you dont have to look for "Pumphouse_01" and change it to "Pumphouse_02" 50 times on the same page.

I sure hope that Siemens will add some editing features in the coming "Win CC Flexible" that is going to replace Protool !

There is a brutal way for your problem with WinCC Version 4
Open your PDL File with a normal Editor like notepad and than use "search and replace" with your old tag-name and the new one. But take care: They should have the same number letters in there name. If not, your pdl ist broken...
Good Luck

I have tried replacing the tags with a few different edit programs,
but after that the pdl file could not be opened, do you now why

Hi again,
here is my source of knowledge ;-)
I tried this with WinCC V4. Today I working with V5.1, so I cannot check it again.
I hope this will help you.

Quick change of variable connections in WinCC images up to WinCC V4.x

Beitrags-ID: 1021461
Datum: 21.11.2000

QUESTION:
How can I quickly change the variable connections in the WinCC image?

ANSWER:
In order to change variables connections quickly in WinCC images, you must use the "Replace" function in an ASCII editor.
To do this you must open the pdl file in the Explorer of Windows using an ASCII editor (e.g. WordPad).

If, for example, you want to change all connections of the variables "314_H314250_VENTIL" to "315_H315250_VENTIL", then specify this under Find / Replace.

Warning:
You must make sure that the old and new variable names have the same length. Otherwise you image will be useless after the change.You can not use this procedure for variable interconnections in user objects.

This procedure is useful, for example, if you are using an existing system section (e.g. 314), to copy it for another similarly structured section (e.g. 315).

Notes:

1. This procedure is effective only with direct variable connections in images.
2. The variables must also be adapted in the variables list.
3. Scripts are not considered. The variables used must be adapted manually here. In the Global Script editor there is a "Find / Replace" function which you can use for this purpose. In the Graphics Designer you must change the names of the variables manually in the actions behind the objects.
4. The triggers in which you use variables must also be changed using the associated wizard.

Raabun

Sorry I forgot to tell:
The Beitrags-ID: 1021461
you will find on the Siemens Pages...

Raabun