PLC-5 1794-iE8

aus_58

Hey guys,

Had an issue today with Allen Bradley PLC-5 using a 1794 flex analog input module, our plant had a power spike/dip causing grief with one of the modules on our PLC-5 rack.

One module was reading analog inputs values incorrectly, which was really weird as all the others were fine, I found that i had 4mA coming in from the field yet a 367 raw data reading was given, yet move that input to the next card along and 4mA would= roughly 6242 which is what i was hoping for.

I am using a block transfer read/write setup yet had no major or minor errors on the processor, in the end after trying numerous things i could not find anything wrong so by chance downloaded an old back-up file which seemed to work as i had the correct values in my analog card now, im hoping someone maybe able to explain what could have happened?

Thanks.

I would try to compare the block transfer rungs/settings in the two different files.

If you can post both programs maybe someone can spot something. Zip the files first.

Tell us which one works and which one doesn't.

And welcome to the forum.