1794-OE12 for a PLC 5

Eleco78

Hi, Can anyone help me? I have limited space on a flex I/0 rack and wanted to use a 1794-OE12 but am not sure this is compatible with PLC 5 / RSlogix 5. In the I/O Config the OE12 is not listed. Do I need to update RSlogix? or is it only compatible with control logix?

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes it is possible, but you have to Manually Configure the Block Transfer. The steps are outlined in AB/Rockwell Knowledgebase Article 66453. It is quite lengthy, so I haven't tried to replicate it here. Also, be aware the OE12 requires a different base. I think it is a TB3G if memory serves.

Stu....

Last edited:
Hi Stu
Thanks for your answer. I had the block transfer OK but wasn't able to configure the channels to 4-20mA. But was very easy after reading the above mentioned Knowledge base article.
Thanks Again
Eleco78