TSX communication with ethernetcable

userxyz

Hi,

I have to prepare a program for a TSX CPU. But I do not have TSX cables. Can I connect over ethernet ?
TSX users that I know told me it is possible without hardware config ??? In Siemens this is unpossible...

Picture of the TSX PLC that I have on my desk:
2012-08-31-793.jpg

Anyone can tell me more about the connection ?

Kind regards,
C

It is possible to connect over ethernet, the only difficulty being finding the ip address of the module. If it is a new module then there is a description of how to calculate the default ip address in the documentation (sorry too long ago to remember which doc). Another method is to use wireshark and monitor the ethernet when module first powered on

Hey

Hey,

I took a switch and connected my SIemens PLC allready and my laptop and the TSX rack. I can reach the Siemens, no problem.

The TSX I cannot find.
I installed 'ADVANCED IP SCANNER'.

It finds all connected devices and tells me their MAC adresses as well. But the TSX isn't in the list ??

WHat can I do ?

Kind regards and a big thanks if you can help me out...

What I need todo:
Communication setup between Siemens CP343-1 and the TSX with Modbus TCP protocol.

Kind regards,
Gerry

It is possible to connect over ethernet, the only difficulty being finding the ip address of the module. If it is a new module then there is a description of how to calculate the default ip address in the documentation (sorry too long ago to remember which doc). Another method is to use wireshark and monitor the ethernet when module first powered on

Hi

I will have a TSX serial cable tomorow, I think the ethernet adress needs to be configured in the hardware configuration and downloaden.

Regards,
Gerry

Hey,

I took a switch and connected my SIemens PLC allready and my laptop and the TSX rack. I can reach the Siemens, no problem.

The TSX I cannot find.
I installed 'ADVANCED IP SCANNER'.

It finds all connected devices and tells me their MAC adresses as well. But the TSX isn't in the list ??

WHat can I do ?

Kind regards and a big thanks if you can help me out...

What I need todo:
Communication setup between Siemens CP343-1 and the TSX with Modbus TCP protocol.

Kind regards,
Gerry

You can calculate the ip from the mac adress. it will show how in ur help file (unity or pl7). Then obviously yo have to put ur pc in that range aswell to connect to it