tsx p57103 communication problem

crististef

Hi
I have an premium p57103 plc and i cannot connect with my pc to TER.
I use an TSX C USB485 driver to connect and the settings are ok becouse i can connect with this driver to another p57103 that i have.
The display LEDs from PLC are:
-ERR(red) and I/O(red) always on (not blinking or flashing);
-TER(yelow) always on (not blinking or flashing);
even if i press reset button the LEDs remains in the same state.

it is possible that processor to be defect?

Thanks

Make sure that either a memory card or the memory slot cover is installed
In the memory slot.
There is a tiny little button just at the top of the memory card slot, pushing this button will force a cold restart of the CPU. If it does not start after th 2 checks above then the CPU is faulty. This unfortunately is a common problem, I have had a number of these CPUs to die like this, always outside the warranty period, of course.

thanks for replies.

I check the memory slot and i press the reset button but with no luck.

unfortunately I think CPU is faulty as you say.

There has got to be another answer to this question!
I've had almost exactly the same problem with a TSX P57 203M. We got a brand new TSX P57 204M that did exactly the same thing straight out of the box, DAMN IT! :-/

Hi Liam

I have one of these (TSX-57103) in the US that is causing this problem.

They have to keep power cycling this equipment until the get it working every Monday Morning. Sometimes it takes 45 minutes but it always comes back. Haven't been online to it yet. I haven't used one since I worked in Ireland a back in the mid noughties. You reckon the CPU is bad?

What does the little button do?

Thanks.