Plc 5/30

DennisCotten

Hello

I have a PLC 5/30 processor and there was a 24VDC power failure. This then cause the s:10/7 bit to be enabled and none of my block transfers were working. I wasn't able to clear the bit manually or manually start the block transfers, they had pretty well bricked. What I ended up doing was pulling the battery on the processor and letting it sit for a while to clear the memory. After this I downloaded the program back into it and the block transfers started working again. I'm wondering if this is a common problem, and if what I did is a full proof fix or if it needs to be sent off to be repaired.

Thanks
Dennis

they had pretty well bricked

What does that mean? How did you manually start the "Block Transfers"?

Can you post your program and point to the Block Transfers that were giving you trouble?

Zip the .RSP file and post.

No, it is not common.

I tried toggling the enable and done bits to try and get the cycle started, but none of the bits in the block transfer control word could be toggled.

I don't actually own the rights to the program, I came in on a trouble call when the 24VDC backup ran out. So I actually can't post the program.

See picture below for a typical BTW/BTW program.

The power up bit can be toggled to enable the BTW or the first scan bit is on for one scan when the processor first goes to run mode.

The BTR's rung should cycle automatically when in run mode.

typicalBTW_BTR.jpg

Thats identical to how mine looks other than the bits being different. The EN bits wouldn't never go back false, they would always stay true, even if the logic in front of it was false. And the DN bit would never become true, they would just sit there in that state not doing anything.

That may be just a screen update issue, you don't always see them toggle on your PC's screen.

Or the processor was not in the run mode.

Processor was definitely in run mode, I had that on the screen and all the logic was still scanning. I added a timer into the file that reset itself just to see the logic scanning. The toggles definitely weren't happening because when I checked my HMI all I got were 0's. And when I checked the BTW and BTR set up screens all the data was at 0. It confused a few of us.

Hello DennisCotten, how are you?
I want to thank you so much because I got this problem and tried for a day and a half to get the block transfers to start working again, only after I retired the battery from the system and put the CPU to sleep for some minutes the system recovered.

I tried everything Rockwell asked me to do and a lot of tips on this forum, only removing the battery worked for me.
Thank you.
Regards,
Mauro.