Do not hit save while editing an sfc action in logix5000

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just FYI for anyone doing SFC's in Logix5000, hitting the save button when you're in the middle of editing an SFC action causes fatal system crash of Logix5000. So say you've typed a bunch of action steps, and just want to save that last few minutes of work before you enter few more...hit save and bang you lose all your work!

I can't believe Rockwell didn't catch this glitch in their testing. I don't have time to waste with their tech support to just tell me yeah it's a known issue, live with it (like they did for the 5 minute load time for FTViewME studio v6.1 on a PC platform...5 minutes is a long time when you're sitting in front of a customer waiting for the application to start..especially when the reason for the delay is apparently it's loading their total CF of a product, FactoryTalk Directory which I'm not using for this application)

So I figure I'd post this warning to everyone. Maybe someone here has found a workaround for this...or can commiserate with me at least...

-GK

Might be something with my install

Just checked with a coworker...he created a quick test SFC with one action, typed some gibberish in there, hit save and it didn't happen to him...so might be something with my install or Logix, or maybe SFC needs to get to a certain size or has to have actual instructions in the Action before it triggers the error.
He's on Windows 7 as well, I'm on XP.

Next time I have some idle time, looks like I will be calling Rockwell to see if they've seen this...

-GK