Saia PCD - meaning of operand (I|O)

Daye.04

Hey all.

We've got a few Saia-PLC's around here. And thus I was wondering about something recurring in the program.

What does it mean when the operand is "I|O", example follows

BITIR 10
I|O 80
R 4054

Anyone fluent in Saia who knows what that means?

And as a bonus question - where do I find the inputs and outputs? I've looked at global, but I can't find any inputs anywhere

Oh! Yeah, if there's anyone else out there who doesn't understand why they see something configured to "I|O", I should probably inform people about it, now that I know.

If one reads the program off a Saia PLC, only the code that has been assembled will show (as you might be aware of, the machine code differs from the code we write, even if that's instruction list. And when you write to the PLC, you're only writing the machine code), and as such the PLC's program don't really know whether it's an input or an output.

As you may not know, the inputs and outputs of a Saia PLC comprises of modules the programmers insert into slots on the PLC by themselves. Therefore any slot of the PLC can refer to an input or an output. Then the PLC simply reads what's to be don to the I|O, and performs it depending on the state.

As you can see in the example above "I|O 80" obviously relates to an input, as BITIR reads the inverse value from Input 80 and upwards ten inputs

Any questions, feel free to ask ^^