Decimal separator symbol problem.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

I have a strange problem with VBS scripting that prints values to a CSV file.
It normally works well if only the decimal separator is set to "." (period) and list separator is set to "," (comma).
However, I have one customer where the settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional settings seems to have no effect.
The values print with the comma as the decimal separator, no matter that the period is set in the regional settings.
This totally messes up the CSV files.

It seems to have happened after the PC crashed, and the cutomer reinstalled the PC with Windows 7 and all the other software.
One detail - he intalled norwegian language for Windows (despite that this is in Egypt !).

I am hoping for some fix that does not mean the PC has to be reinstalled again.

Tried changing the registry setting for it?

This User > Control Panel > International > Something like sDecimal?

I did investigate all the users in the registry, and for all the users decimal separator was the "." and the list separator was the ",".
So I didnt find anything that could explain the problem.
The PC was reinstalled win english language, and that solved it.