Backplane Current

Nikhil

I have not come across this earlier...i dont know why, but... why do the PLC manufacturers give 2 ratings for the Backplane current load for their processor or I/O modules - one @5 V and another @ 24 V.??? I frankly havent come across others but AB surely do that!!!!

Many PLC's and other electrical items use 2,3,4 or more voltage levels. PLC's ussaly use the +5 V for logic and transistor type outputs. the +12 or 24V power supply is for relay outputs and sometimes when you need a bigger voltage swing,Analog outputs and for Analog input reference sources.

So sometimes yopu may load down one supply and have lots of power free on the other. It depends on your card type population

Similar Topics

So I am working with a 1769-L32E and I have two input modules 1769-IF8 and one output module the OA8. I know that you can only power 8 module...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the data transfer rate for this series of CompactLogix PLC's? 1769-L24ER-QB1B to be exact. Cheers.
Replies
Views
I noticed something that’s mostly just a curiosity. Maybe someone here knows. An IT system is reading a L82 with the on-board IP and 1,0 added...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I can't add any modules to the Controllogix backplane and it doesn't matter online or offline. Both is not working. Please see the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, I've spent most of the evening working on adding a 1768-ENBT card to connect a machine to our enterprise network. The card is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom