Compactlogix to S7-1200 communcation

flyers

Hi,

I'd like to ask what is the best to communicate method between CompactLogix (1769-L31) & Siemens S7-1200 1214-CPU?

There are space to add in additional module in the panel. The distance is about 60 meters from each other. Non high speed require.

Thank you.:site:

Also look at **** gateways, I've used these to connect ControlLogix to S7-300. They work by connecting to the PLC's and a little bit of simple script to transfer the data

I would go the modbus tcp route
It's probably built in to ab, I know it is with Siemens 1200

There are several different ways to do this.

I would not use Profibus unless you need high speed; it is both costly and complex to configure on the CompactLogix side.

Since the S7-1200 supports Modbus/TCP, I would recommend a gateway device that supports both Modbus/TCP and Allen-Bradley DF1.

The Digi One IAP and HMS Communicator, as well as the Red Lion DataStation Plus are the first few that come to mind.