Question on Sinking AB Module

JoseM

Can I some how make a 1746-IB8 module work with an NPN sensor. I want to see if I can before I buy a new sensor.

I'm using a Carlo Gavazzi solid state relay but for some reason when I energize the SSR, the 24V dc signal that I want to feed into the PLC is not getting through the relay.

Am I missing something guys.

okay now show us how you wired it.

EDIT: Well, that is not exactly what I had in mind (following the link to the datasheet above).

I would expect the above wired to a transistor sensor would pose problems, but if the sensor is a dry contact, that power relay might work as long as it leaks less than the turn off current/voltage of the input point.

It is certainly not the kind of relays I have lying around. You can switch the polarity with a single transistor of modest size to go solid state, but I would have to defer to others on the details, and it all depends on those darn specs...

Last edited:
I figure that the reason why it doesn't work is because the SSR I'm using is made to switch AC voltage with a DC control signal.

The one I will need is the one that switches DC voltage with a DC control signal.

I have a regular 24V dc relay coming tomorrow and that should take care of the problem.