Drop-down list with Intouch

mundae

I am developing a standalone Wonderware Intouch application. I was wondering if it is possible to create a drop down list object and perform actions based to selected item from the list?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this can be done.
The key is in populating the list correctly & then reading the position back.
There are examples in the help files that should get you started.

I did get around to make one, but for some reason it doesn't work. I am using .ListIndex dot field to read the value selected from the dropdown control box but then it doesn't seem to work in the conditional statement.

Code:

wcInsertItem("GroupSelect",1,"Group 1");
wcInsertItem("GroupSelect",2,"Group 2");
wcInsertItem("GroupSelect",3,"Group 3");

GetPropertyI ( "GroupSelect.ListIndex", GroupSelectIndex );

IF "GroupSelectIndex" == "1" THEN
b_Zone1 = 1;
ELSE
b_Zone1 = 0;
ENDIF;

I am using b_Zone1 as a discrete visible animation to display an object and nothing shows up. It is driving me nuts at the moment. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I am developing a standalone Wonderware Intouch application. I was wondering if it is possible to create a drop down list object and perform actions based to selected item from the list?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Haven't thought about this problem before, but I perceive that, FYI, you can use some UI dropdown list and read some tutorial for UI dropdown list, these must be somehow helpful.

The helpfile isn't particularly useful on this one, but try making GroupSelectIndex a discrete and see what happens. I haven't tried this myself yet. Other option is to see if the logs in SMC yield any clues as to why this isn't working, or alternatively try and display the value of GroupSelectIndex on a window somewhere and see what you're getting.