Control Logix IO Configuration Change Online

Stuntman

I have a control logix PLC that is controlling a few power flex 70's via a 20-comm e module(ethernet/IP). I need to migrate the VFD's to a separate 1756-ENBT module and change the IP addresses of the power flex 20-comm e modules

Is it possible to change the IP address of the 20-comm-e module in the IO configuration tree of RSLogix 5000 while online without halting the PLC processor. I am guessing yes but its been a while and I cannot remember.

My plan is to modify the IP of the drive using the HIM then modify just the IP address in the IO configuration tree while online.

I am afraid you will not be able to accomplish this the way you've envisioned it.
After editing the 20-COMM-Es addressing via the HIMs you will have to reflect the changes within the RSL5K Offline application file modules' configuration applet and then download the edited file to the CLX controller.