Delay RSLogix SFC Transition by One Scan?

cstech

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I am using a stepper motor controller by AMCI (SD17060E), and am using a SFC program to control an automatic cycle. My difficulty is that one of my transitions needs to use a "motion completed" status bit from the AMCI driver. Normally, this bit stays high, and when motion is occurring, it goes low. Since the command in the SFC to run the stepper drive is right before the "motion completed" transition, the motion will begin, and the transition of "motion complete" is still high, since the CPU has not updated the bit status from the AMCI. I COULD just use a TON in the ladder to delay longer than a scan to make sure my motion bit is in the right state, but that seems wrong.

Is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks!
Chip

Could you check for the "Motion Complete" bit being low and use that to latch another bit? Then check for both "Motion Complete" and that bit being high before transitioning? Don't forget to unlatch the memory bit as well.

ex.

XIO Motion_Complete OTL B3/0
--Logic--
XIC Motion_Complete XIC B3/0, OTU B3/0, Transition

Thanks guys - both good solutions. I was definitely over thinking...