RSTrendX ActiveX Control

Volvagia720

I'm trying to run a program in RSView32 with RSTrendx, but cannot get it to work properly. Every time I try to open the screen, I get the following error message.
Unable to load ActiveX control for display Trend.
cause: RStrendX: newer file version of ActiveX control required.

I have installed RSTrendX onto the computer and the error didn't change. I am unsure if the instalation worked properly as I repeatedly recieved error messages during my install about missing files in my temp folder (I downloaded trendx off of AB's website and it was only one file).

What version and Service Pack of Windows are you running?

What Version of RSView are you running?

Which Version of TrendX did you Download and Install?

Stu....

Make sure you verify the version of TrendX is for your version of RSView32.

What rev of RSView32 are you using?

In your previous message when you complained you couldn't find the file, in the results it should show you different versions of the TrendX program.

OG

The error message is saying that the version of the ActiveX used in the screen is newer than the version you installed. If you can open the screen with a text editor and look for the ActiveX in there somewhere. If I remember correctly, it tells you what version was used.

This is always the issue when you use ActiveXs in the Rockwell View products. Someone developes the screen with a different verion of something, then it won't run on the target computer. This always happens when you use some of the Microsoft standard controls such as list boxes, combo boxes, etc. It's a nightmare.

I'm having the same issue as the OP.

Mine is RSView32 V7.10.
I'm unsure of the version of RSTrendX.

I get the same errors;
"Unable to load ActiveX control for Historic set 1."
"cause: RStrendX: newer file version of ActiveX control required."

Where do i get the correct ActiveX control from?