Symbol Factory Fraud?

BillRobinson

Anybody notice that the thumbnails in Symbol Factory for FactoryTalk View Studio are much better looking than the actual graphic that is pasted into application. This seems esepecially true for the "Gadget" section. I've also tried exporting as .png file and the quality seems less than the thumbnail.

Ha ha - never noticed that.

@Jkerekes - where do you get your industrial graphics from? It seems to me like Symbol Factory has been the only real show in town, back since their Reichert days.

Anybody notice that the thumbnails in Symbol Factory for FactoryTalk View Studio are much better looking than the actual graphic that is pasted into application. This seems esepecially true for the "Gadget" section. I've also tried exporting as .png file and the quality seems less than the thumbnail.

Yes, you are right!

I see the same effect using the embedded graphics in Crimson 3, which look awfully similar (to me) to Symbol Factory.

I assume it's a loss of resolution when you go from the zillions of colors and super-high resolution of your PC to the graphic capability of a G3 or a PanelView.

It's still far better than the severe-looking native graphics that RSView/FactoryTalk View inherited from their Intecolor heritage.

I see the same effect using the embedded graphics in Crimson 3, which look awfully similar (to me) to Symbol Factory.

I assume it's a loss of resolution when you go from the zillions of colors and super-high resolution of your PC to the graphic capability of a G3 or a PanelView.

It's still far better than the severe-looking native graphics that RSView/FactoryTalk View inherited from their Intecolor heritage.

I agree - and it doesn't just look like Symbol Factory it is Symbol Factory.

I liked it so much in Crimson 3.0 that I actually purchased the stand alone version to use in applications that don't come with SF embedded.